A new building inspections app has been released that will allow Building Control inspectors to work anytime and anywhere.
The app, called OnSite, has been developed by UK-based Idox. It is claimed to be the first of its kind on the market and will give Building Control officers access to documents and information remotely as demands for travel in work increases.
Users are able to search, recover, download, update and upload anything they might need for an inspection, wherever they are.
Among the benefits are:
- Immediate access and usage – designed with simplicity in mind, the app requires no training or a complex implementation project; users are up and running in minutes.
- Efficiency savings – view, complete and create inspections on site and sync these records with those in the back office once connected.
- Constant intelligence – obtain case details even when mobile, take photos which automatically upload to your DMS, and view and sort all inspections on a map.
- Avoid duplication – update multiple inspections/plots all at once where inspection details are the same or similar.
- Reduced travel time – no need to visit the office to pick up workloads and update systems.
- Reduced printing costs and administrative efforts – the system supports paperless working.